Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

Mommy Mondays: Thatkid Turns 6!

October is always a crazy month here, although one of my favorites.  And of course this is the month my computer keyboard decided to go kerplunk.  I'm currently debating whether I've got the skills to replace it myself, if I want to pay someone to do it for me, or just splurge on a new computer.  Y'all love my inner musings, right?

So where were we. That's right, during my hiatus, Thatkid went and got another year older.   He's 6!
This is the first year he's been in a "real school" on his birthday, so it was a little different than years past.  We went out to breakfast the day before, since his favorite place is a little too far, and too sit-down for a weekend morning.

On his actual birthday, Thatkid requested pancakes.  I though I would make them extra festive by making him funfetti pancakes. He approved. He opened gifts while I cooked and was so thrilled with his new hatchimal that he insisted it join him for breakfast.



After breakfast came school. Although I offered to pick him up right after class, he wanted to go to the afterschool program.  So instead, Thatboy came home early and we picked the boys up at regular time and headed to his dinner choice (after stopping at home to get his hatchimal).

He chose pizza for dinner, I think mostly because they have arcade games, and he knew we'd let him play on his birthday.  Whatever the reason, we weren't going to stop catering to him, it was his birthday. And he had a great night, even winning at the claw game.



I asked if he wanted a cake, or cupcakes to celebrate. His request? "Ice cream. And mom, not frozen yogurt. Real ice cream."  And so we ended the day at Baskin Robbins.



It was a very mellow sixth birthday, but it was a good one! And we're looking forward to a pretty great year!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great 6th birthday! That would have been my idea of perfection at 6, anyway. Funfetti pancakes, FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww sounds like a great 6th birthday!! Ice cream and pizza...you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete