Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Mommy Mondays: Guardians of Six

I honestly thought we were heading to a great birthday party this year. All summer Thatkid talked about a sports party in the park. I was excited.  And then, about a month before his birthday, he decided he wanted a Guardians of the Galaxy party at Chuck E Cheese.

As you may recall, last yer he had a Ninjago birthday party at Chuck E Cheese,  despite having never seen or expressed any interest in Ninjago.  Well, looks like that's become the new theme, because I've never heard him mention Guardians of the Galaxy before this declaration.

But it's his birthday, so he gets to pick.  So Guardians of the Galaxy at Chuck E Cheese it was.



He also requested a homemade cake - strawberry cake with chocolate ice cream.   I had a hard time figuring out how I was going to Guardians that thing up, and finally came up with a pretty good solution.


The kids spent the time playing arcade games and dancing with the mouse himself.


During the birthday show, he got called up to lead everyone in singing to him.  


And then that cake got candled, cut, and eaten.


One of the highlights is always the ticket blaster.  Last year he couldn't really figure out what to do. This year, he had it down.


As much as I hate these Chuck E Cheese birthdays, Thatkid really loves them.  And I love seeing him so happy.  Even still, let's cross our fingers that next year he decides he's over it, or interested in something cooler.


3 comments:

  1. I also can't understand why kids love Chuck E. Cheese so much, but hey, he's obviously super happy about being there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck E Cheese was always our favorite as kids too. Now the thought of all the germs in those ball pits males me want to vomit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never ever been to a Chuck-E-Cheese... But I have been to a discovery zone and I feel like that's slightly similar? Except, I guess Chuck E Cheese is known for it's PIZZA!

    ReplyDelete