Pages

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Sunday Runday: 2017 Forcast

I've got big plans for this year folks.  Welcome to the year of the 10k!

My running resolution for the year is a sub 1 hour 10k.  And I think it's going to be a bit of a challenge.  Because I'm not running sub-30 5ks right now! 

But this is a great way to get back into running form, and it is an attainable goal.  Especially since my 10k time hovers between 64 and 66 minutes.  And I've got a full year to do it.

So this year expect to see a lot less 5ks as I concentrate on the longer distance. 

As for my planned races this year...there are a lot of question marks, and a lot of blank spaces to slide some 10ks in.  If anyone wants to jump in with feedback or recommendations, I'm all ears!


Star Wars Half Marathon - The Light Side
Hip Hop 10k?
Cardiff Kook 10k
St. Patrick's Day 10k?
Encinitas Half Marathon? 
Race for Autism
Sharon's Ride
Grape Day 5k
Surfing Madonna?
Fit Foodie 10k
Jingle Bell Run



2 comments:

  1. I'm signed up for the Encinitas Half - it's flat as a pancake, it's at the beach (so it won't get too hot), and registration includes breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to just sign up for some races to kick myself back into gear! You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete