Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Runday: Scent of a Runner

There's no question that running, like most other sports, brings with it a certain...smell.

Your clothes smell, your body smells, your shoes smell.


Let me share with you some of my secret weapons. 

For clothes, I know a lot of people swear by specialty detergents.  And maybe those detergents are better, but I've had great success with plain ol' Tide.    What can I say?  I'm a simple girl.

As far as body scent, if I get to go home after a run, I rely on a good, simple shower.  Thatboy and I share shower gel, so it's not terribly feminine.  But I wonder if the fact that it's made for men means that it's a little stronger than the frou frou girly stuff?  At any rate, it's a sure-fire way to de-stink.

But a little secret - I don't always have time to jump in the shower.  Especially lately when my Saturday morning runs bleed into Thatkid's soccer games which bleed into Thatbaby's swim lessons.  Yesterday I didn't get a chance to shower until after dinner!

It is definitely not ideal,  but we all do what we gotta do.  So on those days, I rely on multiple products so I don't offend the general public.

First step is Cetaphil wipes.  Which is my "scent preventative."  Removes any lingering sweat.  And there is usually lingering sweat.  Plus, it makes me feel almost showered.  Or at least cleaner.


Next comes deodorant.  I hate my current every-day deodorant, so for occasions like this, I rely on a trial size version of something more potent.


The most important scent holder is hair.  If you've ever been camping (or to Vegas) you're all too familiar with this fact.   So when I don't have time to wash my hair, I'm a big fan of dry shampoo.


So that's what keeps me from smelling like a runner.  Any tricks you've got?

2 comments:

  1. Good tips. I have no tips to share (smile).

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning that once you have kids, showering becomes a privilege, not a right! Definitely need these post workout de-smelling tips!

    ReplyDelete